Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Post 87: The State of Things as They Are

     My personal winter has passed, and my life is about to get a lot more busy.

     I go back to work in less than a week, and I move to a new apartment closer to my work.  I'll be living alone for the first time in a decade, and I'm definitely looking forward to it in some ways.  I think the time to myself will be good for me, especially after the things I've dealt with over the last few years.  I've been asked to return to the park where I worked last year, except I'll be going back with a promotion and a raise.  These are good things, indeed.

     I've actively wanted to date for the past few months, rather than my usual passive openness to the possibility, and that hasn't really come to fruition, but it's also not like I've been trying very hard.  In the next handful of days, I will have several social interactions, and it will be interesting to see how some of those pan out. I know that I've limited myself to a small pool of potential partners, what with being not only poly, but a particular kind of poly which is relatively rare.  I'm not into relationships which don't have the potential of being serious, and I live in a somewhat isolated area.  Basically, it isn't easy.

     I've had plenty of time to go over the lessons I've learned, as far as what I want currently from relationships.  I still agree with everything I wrote in Post 63, but I feel that it would be good for me to write an update, or at least an addendum, which covers more of my recent thoughts on relationships.  I hope to do so relatively soon.  I will have internet at my new apartment, and I should have plenty of free time, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult. 

     Meanwhile, onward to the future we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep things polite. Any hateful or rude comments may be deleted.