Sunday, October 5, 2014

Falling Into Stasis.

     I'm done with work for the season, I'm looking for fall and winter work, and I've filed for unemployment.  I truly loved my work, and I plan to return next year, but for now, I need to find something else to do.  I don't like not working!

     In addition to all of the obvious benefits of the job at the park, like learning new skills, doing something I found fulfilling and enjoyable, and earning more than I'd ever earned before, there have been several ancillary benefits:

-I've never worked enough hours to claim unemployment during the slow months before.  That bit of security is a *huge* deal. 
-I've never had three coworkers to use for professional references before, and now I do.
-I feel more confident in my capabilities.
-I made friends at my job.
-I learned that I *can* actually handle interacting with the public, at least when we have a shared love of public spaces.
-I learned to be alone again.

     All in all, the past several months have been a transformative experience for me.  I'm well aware that next year will not be the same, but I still look forward to going back.  And in the meantime, I look forward to utilizing my free time... if only I can get myself moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep things polite. Any hateful or rude comments may be deleted.