Friday, May 16, 2014

A Memory.

     In my late teens, I helped put on concerts by local, mostly punk, bands.  Our awesomest show was actually a benefit for the local Planned Parenthood, and we were able to donate $1500 after costs and small payments to the bands.  We had a bunch of bands, mostly local, though a band named Charmless, from California, came up to play.  I occasionally get one one of their songs stuck in my head, 14 or 15 years later.

    We held the show in a pretty rural area, and called it StickStock, by the way.

     I'm sure it's mostly due to the pattern-seeking behavior that comes so naturally to the human brain, but between wildfires, meeting a recent transplant from the state, and talking about the times I went to California, it's been in my mind.  And because one of the other bands that played StickStock was former Seattle indie band Peter Parker, their song Goldenstate has also been swirling around in my brain, and led to those punk show memories, in a vortex of Californianess.

     Peter Parker's album Migliore! is here, along with the song I'm referencing.  I used to absolutely LOVE this album:
http://www.last.fm/music/Peter+Parker/Migliore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep things polite. Any hateful or rude comments may be deleted.