Monday, September 30, 2013

OKCupid Chronicles: I

     So I've been on OKCupid for like four years now.  I joined the site because I wanted to meet other poly people when I was newly into my poly journey.  I specifically chose OKC because it allows people to blatantly state that they are looking for various forms of relationships other than strictly romantic dating.  I've had many, many conversations there, some amazing, and some amazingly insipid/dull/take your pick of negative adjectives. 

     But then, last year, I met Horus there.  And this year, I met Zeno there.  These are clearly good things, and firmly put OKCupid into the category of "one of the best things to ever happen in my life."

     HOWEVER, I still get messages like the one I'm about to relay.  I don't know why it never occurred to me to share these before. 


Dude: Hey!

Me: Yes?

Dude: @;-)
Dude: Online sucks ,hey like kicking if trees or love water

Me: I'm an introvert; I like online communication.
And I have no idea what you were trying to say with "kicking if trees or love water."

Dude: ?
Dude: Live in Washington water and tree.s


     I seriously have no idea what he was trying to say, or how it could have possibly made sense to him.  For the most part, conversations like these give me more amusement than annoyance, and since I'm not giving any identifying details, I don't think my sharing is in any way harmful. 

     I'm definitely making this a regular thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep things polite. Any hateful or rude comments may be deleted.