Friday, May 27, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

     I was going to make a comment here based on the lyrics of the David Bowie song, but it seems that there are several interpretations of what the lyrics actually are.  So scrap that plan. 

     You know, I read a biography of David Bowie when I was a teenager... I wasn't a big fan or anything, I would just go to the library and occasionally pick a random biography to read.  People at depth have always interested me.  This interest led to my reading about the previously mentioned David Bowie, Janis Joplin, Calvin Klein, Harvey Milk, Vincent Van Gogh, and several other people who were apparently unmemorable to me.  I also read several books on massage techniques, indoor and outdoor gardening, and international cooking as a teen.  I didn't really have anything better to do, it would seem.

     Anyway, there are some changes coming up for my newly-formed V.  We're moving in together.  We found a house to rent which will provide the things that we will need, along with a nice yard and beach access.  We're excited.  I'm sure that issues will arise as we figure out how to navigate this thing called a relationship, but I'm also confident that we will find ways to make things work and be happy.  I may have read more, and this may be what I've striven for over the past *checks watch* 15 years or so, but the guys are the ones who are good at this whole poly thing.  I consider myself very fortunate.

     One of the things that has always appealed to me about polyamory is the shared burden aspect.  The more contributing adults you get together, the lighter everyone's load is.  And although I wish we had more time to normalize before moving in together, this is the biggest reason we can't wait.  Separately, we have barely been holding on financially; together we will make a good team.  I love it.  And I love my menfolk for going on this adventure with me.

1 comment:

  1. The adventures we have had are small but exciting, the adventures yet to come shall be more challenging but more rewards are to be had. Let us go forth and stake our claim on the future and sow our seeds of contentment.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep things polite. Any hateful or rude comments may be deleted.